It's great being 8!
Published: 3rd July 2019
We are extremely proud to be celebrating our eighth birthday!
It’s a really exciting time for us as a business, with some new adventures just around the corner (watch this space!), so we’d like to say a huge thank you to all our clients, candidates and suppliers who have all helped us get to where we are.
Last year we discovered 7 interesting things about the number 7. This year, to really celebrate, we thought we’d do one better. Here are 8 interesting things about the number 8!
- Lay it down and it means infinity (in mathematics and in life).
- It takes eight minutes for the sun’s light to reach the Earth.
- The number 8 is often associated with wealth and prosperity.
- The eighth day of the Chinese New Year is the day for the annual gathering of all the gods
- In Karate and Kung Fu there are said to be 8 virtues: Respect, honesty, courage, integrity, humility, compassion, patience, and peacefulness.
- In the year 8 AD the altar to peace (Ara Pacis) was erected by Augustus.
- The number 8 is the atomic number for Oxygen.
- According to Buddhist beliefs, there are 8 parts on the path to nirvana: faith, the right judgment, the right language, right and pure action, right profession, applying the spirit to all laws, the right memory, and the right meditation.
Here’s to another great year (or eight) ahead!