Our client an Ecommerce business with over 20 years in the market are looking for an experienced IT / Technology leader with a passion for digital business transformation?
They are looking to attract an IT Director to lead transformational digital change within the business, whilst continuing to focus on operational IT service delivery.
If you’re a seasoned leader currently operating at Board Level with experience of digital transformation, you still enjoy the ‘hands-on’ element of the role, being present with your team and accessible to the wider organisation, supporting their goals and those of the customer. You understand how to mix strategy with operational performance to get the very best from the systems and processes that you provide.
- Managing the deployment, development, monitoring, maintenance, upgrading and support of organisational IT systems. This will include operating systems, servers, PCs, software applications, telephones and peripherals.
- Providing expert advice and support when systems are being upgraded or installed, or when there are conversions or file maintenance.
- Overseeing the development and enhancement of systems and integrating new systems with those existing.
- Working with staff to develop plans and strategies so customer services can be enhanced, user effectiveness improved, and innovation encouraged.
- Ensure IT department delivers service effectively and efficiently, while providing value throughout the business
- Liaising regularly with executive and senior management as well as end users.
- Ensuring that IT incidents and issues are dealt with in a swift and timely manner
- Managing IT staff, with responsibility for hiring, evaluation, training, guidance, disciplinary procedures and dismissals.
- Developing standard operating procedures allied to best practice, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for it staff and all end users.
- Ensuring written documentation is created and maintained, to include user and system manuals, licence agreements and all documentation relating to modifications and upgrades.
- Acting as DPO and ensuring that the organisation is compliant with data protection legislation, and that any new systems or adaptations to existing systems undergo the relevant checks before being implemented.
- Keeping up-to-date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements.
- Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements.
- Identifying and managing key IT service providers, ensuring value of service is delivered to the business.
- Ensuring security provisions are appropriate to the businesses agreed levels of acceptable risk.
- Managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and operational and project budgeting.
If you would love to apply your technical, leadership and business management expertise to deliver the IT strategy for a growing and successful organisation then please get in touch with Vanessa today.
£59,000 - £100,000 pa
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: IT Director, Reference: VCH / 14752". Thank you for your interest.