Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a Shift Supervisor. You will ensure output is met in quality and quantity for the shift by adhering to company operating standards and procedures, identifying, and managing resource and training needs, supporting R&D activities in line with company operating procedures.
Hours of work will be:
6am-2pm & 2pm-10pm
In the short term they will be working
8.00-16.30 Monday – Thursday and 8.00-14.00 Friday
This is to support the training and production set up.
Duties will include:
- To lead, develop and support staff in delivering KPI’s for each shift and collaborate with other departments
- To ensure that company operating disciplines, procedures and documentation are understood and maintained across shift, to assure product quality and efficiencies.
- To maintain staff procedures in line with company policies, rules, and regulations, taking appropriate level of action up to the equivalent of 1st stage of the process.
- Based on metrics, take actions to achieve company targets, respond to non conformances and solve problems
- Ensure tidiness and cleanliness by monitoring adherence to housekeeping standards
- To co-ordinate manning resource across the shift e.g. adhering to min/max stock levels and employee allocation, communicating with opposite shifts to meet production requirements for equipment utilisation, output, efficiency.
- Adherence to goods inwards/outwards procedure to ensure accuracy of stock preventing stockouts.
- Adherence to COSHH health and safety procedures where applicable.
- To ensure full commitment and support for training, communications, health and safety, housekeeping and personal discipline liaising with Manager and/or HR department for support and guidance
- To undertake training of team members on standard operating procedures/processes.
- To contribute to improving quality, effective communication of any concerns and implement corrective actions.
Skills and experience required:
- 3 years supervisory experience, high quality manufacturing/R&D environment
- Ability to motivate, lead and influence attitudes with the team.
- Good knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Good knowledge of quality tools and techniques
- Good communications and inter-personal skills
- Good IT Skills MS Office
- Experience of project work and continuous improvement initiatives
£25,350 pa + 12% Shift allowance
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Shift Supervisor, Reference: LG / BBBH14711". Thank you for your interest.