HR and People Manager
Brewster Partners are working in partnership with a highly successful and expanding South Yorkshire based organisation seeking to recruit a HR and People Manager, looking for both challenge and opportunity in an exciting and dynamic environment.
Forming part of an independent, well established, and financially strong group of companies the business designs, manufactures and supplies a highly regarded range of specialist equipment and accessories for the global industrial marketplace. To capitalise on its current commercial achievements the business is planning for significant future growth and is looking to strengthen its HR expertise to support these plans.
The HR & People Manager will initially work across two of the companies, expanding to business across the group and after completion of an initial induction and business familiarisation program will report directly to the Chief of Staff.
The organisation is dynamic in outlook and the successful applicant will thrive from the challenge of working within a fast-paced environment. A confident and persuasive communicator, the successful applicant will be able to quickly form strong relationships with colleagues at all levels within the business.
The HR Manager will need demonstrable experience of developing, implementing and interpreting HR policies and procedures, and be able to provide expert guidance for colleagues on complex issues as well as managing their own HR caseload.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide an exceptional, generalist HR service support for the entire organisation
- Be able to provide timely and accurate guidance around common HR processes for colleagues
- Drive the people agenda from organisational development, performance management and assessment through to succession planning activities
- Assisting and developing recruitment at all levels of the businesses
- Promote a culture of learning and development to help inspire the team and provide tools for personal and professional development
- Work with the senior team to develop and drive action plans to improve the employee experience and deliver cultural initiatives
- Create a people plan designed to both attract and retain, and develop colleagues in line with company values and business strategies
- Supporting employee lifecycle including; processing new starters, on-boarding, contracts, probations, employment changes, promotions, transfers and leavers
- HR administration – ensuring compliance, including management of contracts of employment
- Expectation to travel to the four UK businesses in the group on an at least monthly basis
- Ability to transform traditional HR practices into effective outputs to help create a new way of working and driving cultural change
An outstanding communicator at all levels with senior HR experience. A HR professional who can develop values and culture, building a people plan to embed these, getting “under the skin” of the business to deliver clear people policies and initiatives.
- Knowledge of employment law and CIPD qualified would be desirable
- Demonstrable experience of producing clear, well-structured reports and recommendations for senior leadership teams, including Board level
- Experienced in researching, writing and implementing HR policies and procedures
- Confident using various IT systems and adapting to new systems
- Highly professional, with integrity and respect for confidentiality
- Agile and able to adapt well in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience in a similar-level role
- Experience working in an environment with teams encompassing both senior management/board level and to team members on a manufacturing floor (all levels)
Note: small amount of UK travel means applicant must have own car and driving license
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000
Hours: 8.30 – 5.00 Monday to Friday
The Company is passionate about its people and their development and will actively support individuals with external training and study. The Company provides an annual performance bonus, free gym onsite with personal trainer as well as generous pension and holiday allowances.
Associate Client Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: HR and People Manager, Reference: SC / HRMAN". Thank you for your interest.