Group Financial Accountant - Part Qualified - Leeds
This is an international award winning Group, with operations across the world, and a head office based on the outskirts of Leeds.
The company are extremely ambitious and highly successful in their field, their brand is a now recognised name in both the UK and overseas, and on top of this, they have been through even further growth and change since 2019.
As a result of this, they are now looking to appoint a part qualified Financial Accountant to join their finance team in Leeds.
The role will report directly to the Financial Controller as part of the wider finance team, and be responsible for the following key duties:
- Support Financial Controller in month-end day 2 close preparation and review of key balance sheet processes.
- Manage Group reporting requirements – including period end reporting and cashflow forecasting
- Manage Balance reconciliation control ownership to support accurate and complete reporting.
- Manage and develop stock reporting and analysis, working with the purchasing manager to provide stock information to the business.
- Manage payroll related accruals and reconciliations and submission of HMRC payments .
- Manage all VAT & Duty returns, compliance and forecasts.
- Support internal and external audit activities
- Prepare year end analysis for key statutory accounts notes and tax analysis
- Identify and propose improvements and efficiencies in existing processes
- Assistance with/Preparation of the Budgeting & Forecasting processes
- Ad hoc business support / Business partnering assistance to resolve queries and requests
The successful candidate will:
- Be part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA - Essential
- Have previous experience of group accounting, including preparing statutory accounts and tax - Essential
- Have an advanced knowledge of MS Excel - Essential
- Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - Essential
- Hybrid working - 2 days a week working from home
- Full study package for ACCA/CIMA
- Clear progression path to senior finance role within a high growth business
- On site parking
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Group Financial Accountant - Part Qualified - Leeds, Reference: SC / 14424". Thank you for your interest.