Assistant Financial Controller - Leeds - Hybrid Working
This business services company, based in East Leeds, have been established for 50 years, and are now a the market leading brand in their field.
The company is now looking to hire an ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified or technically strong finalist Assistant Financial Controller, who will work directly under the Head of Finance, and oversee the finance team.
This position requires a commercially astute individual with strong business partnering and stakeholder management skills, as we as financial accounting and finance systems skills, with experience of regulatory and statutory requirements, including Tax, VAT, and cash management.
***This role would be ideally suited to an ambitious newly or nearly qualified accountant, on the upward trajectory of their career, who is keen to manage a team in a number two role for a growing, commercially focused business!***
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Production of statutory accounts for review by Head of Finance and submission to Board for approval.
- To lead the team to complete monthly bank, payroll, tax, and intercompany reconciliations in line with deadlines.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Ensuring posting of monthly results into the ledger, creating strong controls and governance that eradicate errors.
- Managing our credit control process, ensuring debt from customers is recoverable.
- Striving for faster financial closing to maximise the time available to provide insight and value add analysis and commentary while meeting deadlines
- Developing appropriate policies, procedures and identifying opportunities to improve and streamline.
- Responsible for ensuring finance systems are compliant, efficient and fit for business purpose
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACCA/ACA or CIMA qualified (or finalist) with proven experience as a Financial/Management Accountant or similar role - Essential
- Have advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting systems - Essential
- Have experience of implementing automation and be committed to continuously looking to improve processes - Essential
- Have solid knowledge of accounting regulations and technically excellent - Essential
- On site parking
- Hybrid working
- Clear career path to FC Level
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Assistant Financial Controller - Leeds - Hybrid Working, Reference: SC/14007". Thank you for your interest.