Financial Accountant - Compliance and Controls - Harrogate
This company is a leading, high growth SME in Harrogate, with offices based close to the town centre.
The business has multiple sites across the UK, and due to a recent acquisition, are now recruiting a new role for a newly formed team within the finance division
This team was formed to maintain Financial Controls and Procedures throughout the business, and this brand new Financial Accountant role will report to, and work directly alongside the Finance Manager.
The ideal candidate will be actively studying towards a professional qualification, and have a keen eye for risk and control - the role will provide the opportunity to make a positive impact on the future growth of the business and the way it conducts it's day to day procedures in all areas of the business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the key duties of this role will include:
- Co-ordinate the Internal Auditing of Operations, HR, Sales & Marketing, Commercial & Finance
- Perform sample testing, critically assess sampling, and form a fair opinion
- Provide recommendations based on audit results
- Report to the Finance Manager on audit results and for final sign off
- Review and asses current working practices and procedures, identifying key risks and controls.
- Work with departments to understand procedures and implement changes that will enhance or improve current working practices.
- Visit other sites on occasion to discuss audit results and processes
- Produce Policy documents and SOP’s
- Support the Finance Manager on Project work
- Use data from various areas of the business to provide performance related reporting to drive KPI’s.
- Conduct training sessions on systems and policies with relevant stakeholders
- Work with the GDPR team to maintain compliance
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience within a compliance/controls/financial accounting role - Essential
- Be studying towards ACCA/ACA/CIMA - Essential
- Have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills - Essential
- Have an advanced knowledge of MS Excel - Essential
**Please note - there will be some travel required to other sites**
ACCA/ACA/CIMA study package
Hybrid working options available
Newly created role and excellent progression opportunities within a fast growing business
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Accountant - Compliance and Controls - Harrogate, Reference: SAC / 14884". Thank you for your interest.