Financial Accountant - East Leeds - ACCA/CIMA
This recognisable, UK market leading business services company, based in East Leeds, have been established for over 50 years, and are continuing to from year or year.
The company is now looking to hire an ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified or part qualified/finalist Financial Accountant who will be the number two to the Head of Finance, and assist in overseeing the small finance team.
This position requires a commercial astute individual with strong financial accounting and finance systems skills, with experience of regulatory and statutory requirements, including Tax, VAT, and cash management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following key duties:
- Production of statutory accounts for review by Head of Finance and submission to Board for approval.
- To lead the team to complete monthly bank, payroll, tax, and intercompany reconciliations in line with deadlines.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Ensuring posting of monthly results into the ledger, creating strong controls and governance that eradicate errors.
- Managing our credit control process, ensuring debt from customers is recoverable.
- Striving for faster financial closing to maximise the time available to provide insight and value add analysis and commentary while meeting deadlines
- Developing appropriate policies, procedures and identifying opportunities to improve and streamline.
- Responsible for ensuring finance systems are compliant, efficient and fit for business purpose
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
The successful candidate will:
- Be ACCA/ACA or CIMA qualified (or finalist) with proven experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role - Essential
- Have advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting systems - Essential
- Have experience of implementing automation and be committed to continuously looking to improve processes - Essential
- Have solid knowledge of accounting regulations and technically excellent - Essential
- On site parking
- Hybrid working pattern between home and office
- Clear career path to FC Level
- Bust and fast paced role within a highly successful, growing business
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Accountant - East Leeds - ACCA/CIMA, Reference: SAC \ 14008". Thank you for your interest.