Financial Controller (No. 1 in Finance) - South Leeds
A growing SME with an excellent brand and reputation within their markets are currently recruiting a Financial Controller / Head of Finance to join the business as they look to continue their growth and evolution.
This role will be the No. 1 in finance position and could develop into a Finance Director role in the near future.
The business is based in South Leeds and has excellent connections to the local motorway network.
The main objectives and challenges of the role are outlined below:
- Work with the owner to maximise business opportunities and provide financial support to overall strategy
- Ensure the finance department is able to produce timely and accurate information
- Establish processes and procedures around monthly reporting to ensure integrity of financial reports
- Manage a number of customer and supplier relationships, many of which span international territories
- Oversee payroll and associated HMRC matters including pensions, VAT etc.
- Approval and monitoring of CapEx projects
- Manage and develop the finance team
- Oversee the annual audit and preparation of financial statements
This will be both a ‘hands on’ and strategic role so a well-rounded individual will be required.
Suitable candidates should possess the following attributes:
- Qualified Accountant with significant post-qualified experience
- Experience within an SME environment in a senior finance capacity
- Experience dealing with oversees suppliers would be an advantage
- Experience of process improvement and establishing new processes and controls would be an advantage
- Competitive salary
Managing Partner – Accountancy & Finance
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller (No. 1 in Finance) - South Leeds, Reference: RC / 17784". Thank you for your interest.