Interim Warehouse Operations Manager
Brewster Partners are working with a South Yorkshire based distribution business who have an urgent requirement for an Interim Warehouse Operations Manager who can assist with a factory relocation and lead the new warehouse once the move has taken place.
This role is to start immediately and last approx 9 months to assist with a site move but will be made permanent for the right person.
The purpose of this role is to oversee, manage and coordinate operational Warehousing & Distribution Services and associated activities across 2 sites, identifying and implementing new and innovative ways of working and maximising the effective use of information technology where possible.
Reporting to the Group Director, the role of Warehouse Operations Manager will be to:
- Manage & Coordinate warehousing, distribution, and financial forecasting services or activities to limit costs and improve accuracy, customer service, and safety for both forward and reverse logistics
- To continuously examine existing procedures to identify opportunities for streamlining activities to meet product distribution needs.
- Direct the movement, storage, or processing of inventory.
- Manage teams remotely across multiple sites
- Review or update practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, operating standards, SSOW, regulations, or laws, informing relevant departments to update documentation.
- Select transportation routes to maximise economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Improve productivity.
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels
- Disaster planning - to plan, and if/when necessary, implement solutions to ensure continued operation within the warehouse function in the event of an unforeseen disaster scenario.
- Estate Management – to ensure sites are kept fully compliant and all facilities management are kept up to date in line with the business requirements.
- Improving warehouse layouts which includes designing new warehouses, negotiating with architects and suppliers to secure most cost-effective solutions.
- To work closely with the stock manager to strategically plan the most effective use of warehouse capacity and to ensure positive stock check outcomes.
- Responsibility to identify system requirements and improvements, liaising with IT and the stock team to ensure solutions are found, tested and implemented.
- Monitor distribution performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements and to implement improvements to enhance performance
- Responsibility for H&S, ISO, internal and external audits across the sites in ensuring any actions identified are followed through and completed in a timely manner
To be considered for this role, the company are looking for:
- Experience of strong leadership within a warehousing environment
- Management of organising the storage and distribution of products and ensuring the right products are delivered to the correct location on time in a cost-effective way
- Good time management and organisational skills whilst working in a busy and demanding environment
- Management of transportation, stock control, warehousing and monitoring the flow of goods
This is an interesting and varied role for an experienced warehouse professional who is available to start at short notice.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Interim Warehouse Operations Manager, Reference: PS / WOM90812". Thank you for your interest.