Brewster Partners are pleased to be working in exclusive partnership with an East Yorkshire based SME manufacturing business as they look to recruit a new Purchasing Manager in what is a newly created position within the business.
Looking to strengthen their senior management team, the business are looking for a Purchasing Manager who will work to modernise and update the purchasing function within the business.
Responsible for the provision of a professional purchasing function and service to the business, you will manage one Buyer and report into the Operations Director.
The responsibilities of this role will see you:
- Formulate, agree and review purchasing strategies with the Operations Director
- Manage the performance of the purchasing function against agreed KPIs
- Develop and manage supplier relationships
- Proactively evaluate and select new suppliers
- Establish Service Level Agreements, including performance targets for OTIF, quality and cost
- Effectively monitor daily supplier performance resolving any problems that arise
- Build strong and productive relationships with production planning, manufacturing, stock control and logistics
- Assist Buyer with problem solving matters
- Cover Buyer’s scheduling & ordering responsibilities during absences
- Manage, lead and develop the Buyer
- Contribute to the origination and management of Bills of Materials
- Review, refine and establish good practice purchasing systems, processes and behaviours to align with purchasing plan and overall business strategy
The business are looking for someone who is results orientated: used to delivering and exceeding, when possible against the purchasing strategy.
You'll need to have a strategic focus: and the ability to deliver a big picture vision and execute effectively.
You'll need to have experience of leading a Purchasing function, ideally in a manufacturing environment and be CIPS qualified.
You'll need a practical and analytical approach to driving performance and supply chain value and be able to create a culture of responsibility, ownership and execution excellence.
This is a brand new role for the business and you'll have the chance to really leave your stamp on the procurement department. The role will offer a competitive salary package + company bonus.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Purchasing Manager, Reference: PS / PM98102". Thank you for your interest.