Health & Safety Officer
Brewster Partners are working with a West Yorkshire based manufacturing business within the food industry as they look to recruit a stand alone Health and Safety Officer.
Although the role reports to the Group Health and Safety Manager, you will have autonomy across the site.
The main duties and responsibilities included in this role will invlolve:
- Working cross functionally to ensure ongoing implementation of the HSE management system
- Ensuring compliance with all legal requirements and group standards, following best practice methodology to achieve continuous improvement
- Guidance and support to the management team and employees in the identification, assessment, control and resolution of workplace risks
- Management and control of risk assessments and SSOW
- Ensure all employees are trained on the relevant risks and SSOW
- Provide HSE data and statistics in relation to the site
- Support in the development and roll out of internal health & safety procedures and strategies
- Keep up to date with current health & safety legislation and developments within the profession
- Record and investigate incidents, accidents, complaints and cases off ill health, making recommendations and communicating findings where appropriate
- Supporting in audits and resolving non-conformances
- Liaise with the relevant authorities where required
- Completion of regular site inspections
- Any additional activities as required by the management team
- Support in any construction Health and Safety regulations
The business are looking for:
- Significant experience in a similar role within a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong communication skills; able to challenge and engage across all levels of the business and external customers
- Able to lead and motivate the team
- Ideally NEBOSH qualified (not essential)
The company will offer a competitive salary package for this opportunity.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Health & Safety Officer, Reference: PS \ O90812". Thank you for your interest.