Research and Development Manager - Medical Devices
Brewster McBride are pleased to be working in exclusive partnership with a West Yorkshire based medical device manufacturer, who are looking to recruit an experienced Research and Development Manager from the medical device sector who will be heavily involved in the development of new products.
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company with ambitious growth plans over the next few years with new products/R & D playing a significant part in this.
The R&D Manager will be responsible for strategic oversight of the R&D department, delivery of NPD projects, modifications and upkeep of existing products and DHFs, as well as the day to day line management of a small team.
Reporting to the board of directors, the role will involve:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of all NPD projects;
- Responsible for the R&D team
- Ensure projects are fully scoped, resource requirements are identified and business cases are established for all NPD projects;
- In conjunction with the R&D and Sales/Marketing teams, responsible for establishing and maintaining a ‘product pipeline’ to meet the strategic aims of the company;
- Ownership of the Project Review Meeting as a mechanism to keep projects on track and ensure key stakeholders receive up to date communication;
- Programme management for the R&D department, combining NPD projects, existing product modifications, DHF updates and departmental improvement projects;
- Working with the Quality and Manufacturing departments to make updates to existing products as a result of Non-Conformances and planned improvements;
- Own, maintain, review and update the Design Control Process to ensure the system is compliant whilst being as streamlined and efficient as possible;
- Provide technical support to all projects and R&D staff;
- Provide direction and line management of all R&D staff, including:
- Regular 1 to 1’s
- Objective setting
- Staff Development Reviews
- Generation of training plans
- Performance management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Generation of reports to provide regular communication to the Executive Team as well as the Board of Directors;
- Hold regular team meetings to ensure good communication throughout the department
This is a key role for the business and they are looking for someone from the Medical Device industry with a good knowledge of R&D.
The specific kind of experience we're looking for includes:
- An Engineering, Science or Technical degree;
- Substantial experience in new product development of medical devices;
- Proven experience of delivering NPD projects from concept to final release;
- Demonstrable project management skills;
- Good knowledge of design control and stage gate processes;
- Awareness and understanding of ISO13485 and medical device regulations;
- Excellent leadership skills; able to motivate and inspire staff, providing technical support and guidance;
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
This is a key role for the business and on offer is a competitive remuneration package including flexible working and flexitime.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Research and Development Manager - Medical Devices, Reference: PS / NPDM5593". Thank you for your interest.