Brewster Partners are working in exclusive partnership with an SME manufacturing business in the North West, established for more than 30 years who are looking to recruit a stand-alone Maintenance Engineer who will run and manage all maintenance activities across the site, ranging from running complex diagnostics on machinery to fixing water pipes or any other maintenance activities that arise.
Reporting to Operations Director, the role is responsible for maintaining the company’s capital equipment, buildings and services to ensure machinery and equipment runs efficiently to meet production requirements.
Specific duties will include:
- Ensure the Maintenance Department operates within the confines of the current budget set by the Operations Director
- Ensure the preventive maintenance schedule is maintained and up to date as required by ISO.
- Ensure that all machine repairs and modifications are logged on the computer system and kept up to date.
- Ensure that all equipment and safety checks are carried out and
- Carry out repairs to the Factory building i.e. burst pipes, repairing lights and fitting new appliances where necessary.
- Analyse repetitive breakdowns with a view to eliminating the fault.
- Attend breakdowns out of normal operating hours.
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors to ensure that quotations and orders are completed on time and are within specification and budget.
- Ensure all machines and ancillary equipment, jigs, fixtures and hand tools, electrical and pneumatic are kept in good working condition and are properly maintained.
- Escalate to the Operations Director and seek agreement on modifications which might affect operation or the safety of machinery.
- Maintain the Companies policy with ISO within the Maintenance department.
- ensure any calibrated equipment in use has a current and up to date certificate.
- Control stock of maintenance spares.
To be considered for this role, you'll need to have a strong maintenance background within the manufacturing industry, and experience including:
- Electro / Mechanical maintenance with an electrical bias.
- Ability to read machine drawings.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve mechanical and electrical problems.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Familiarity with AC/DC motors and drives, thermocouples, temperature controls, and PLC’s
- Ability to communicate with suppliers regarding the ordering of parts for machines.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- HNC or higher in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 18th edition electrical regulations essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a self motivated maintenance engineer looking for the next step in their career.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Maintenance Engineer, Reference: PS / MEU101". Thank you for your interest.