Head of Manufacturing
The business are looking to recruit a strong people manager with manufacturing and engineering experience who has been involved in delivering high value CAPEX projects due to exciting plans the business has over the next few years.
Reporting to the Directors, the Head of Manufacturing will have responsibility for the core Manufacturing & Production Engineering functions alongside the Maintenance and Warehousing functions.
The duties and responsibilities of this role will include:
- Establishing the manufacturing strategy for the business, focusing on capacity, efficiency and quality.
- Directing and driving lean manufacturing and 5S principles throughout the manufacturing area.
- Experience sourcing and implementing new CNC machinery and equipment to drive OEE
- Acting as the champion of continuous improvement within the manufacturing area, setting ambitious targets.
- Supporting the engineering function with their proposals for new production techniques, automated manufacturing systems with supporting analysis and costings to drive efficiencies
- Transforming the company operations to a modern and lean organisation and share information and experience about best practice whilst achieving safe, reliable and efficient operations
- Reinforcing best working practices that promote company culture & vision.
- Proactively leading and supporting employees to encourage maximum performance.
- Evaluating business performance by analysing and interpreting data & metrics; present recommendations as necessary.
- Write and Submit reports in all matters of importance.
- Participate and lead high level change management projects
The business is looking for someone with:
- Degree Level Qualification in a relevant Engineering discipline and/or relevant demonstrable experience
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire teams.
- Understanding of associated business functions such as finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in:
- ERP systems
- Strategic planning and business development
- Lean manufacturing methodologies and their implementation
- Data analysis and performance / operation metrics
You'll also need:
- Experience of working across multiple manufacturing operations effectively
- Proven experience as site lead
- Experience in developing an operations team, setting, and mentoring through pro-active staff performance appraisals
ou'll be joining a highly successful and expanding South Yorkshire Group of Manufacturing Companies who are offering a strong remuneration package including performance related bonus.
You'll also get the opportunity to drive and lead a number of exciting and high value projects across the business.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Head of Manufacturing, Reference: PS / HOM809312". Thank you for your interest.