Head of Engineering and Product Development
Brewster Partners are delighted to have been exclusively retained by our client, Pneumatic Components Ltd, as they look to recruit the newly created position of Head of Engineering and Product Development.
Part of the HORNGROUP of companies, PCL has been manufacturing and supplying tyre inflation and compressed air products since 1938 and are located in Holbrook, Sheffield, within easy access of major motorway links.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the Head of Engineering and Product Development will take charge of the management and leadership of the company’s highly skilled engineers and experts in the delivery of strategic aims, projects, products, and services.
The duties and responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
Management of the Company’s engineering systems and processes. Including but not exhaustive of:
- Part creation, BOM, BOO.
- SOP and technical documents
- Manufacturing Process Improvement and development
Successful management of the R & D and product development function and processes, including but not exhaustive of:
- Driving innovation of new product, technology and services. Creating and enhancing products to increase sales and NPDR ratio
- Development and implementation of the NPD process, inc product designs and approvals - ensuring new product releases meet manufacturability, reliability, customer and market requirements in collaboration with category management, SHEQ, procurement and production functions.
- Sourcing and specifying new components
- Technical marketing requirements
- Providing specialist technical guidance across the organisation, coaching and mentoring team members
- Drive, define and manage execution of the future product road-map.
The key objectives of this role will be:
- To lead, manage, motivate and develop the Engineering team with appropriate skill sets
- Communicate and coordinate across all areas of the business to ensure effective technical service and relationships are provided to other all functions (including subsidiaries & Horn)
- To be recognised as the figurehead for all engineering / technical advice
- Delivery of new products, new technologies, product / cost improvements against an agreed development plan
- Ad hoc strategic and business development initiatives if and when required
To be considered for this role we are looking for a creative, highly motivated, energetic, and decisive person who will possess the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively both within the organisation and externally with customers.
You will need be able to deliver and complete projects.
You’ll need to be Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or related engineering discipline), and will be able to show your experience of managing a proven and commercially successful new product introduction launch from concept through to production gained in a technical/engineered product development environment.
You will already be working in a similar capacity as Engineering Manager/ Head of Engineering or Technical Manager capacity and possess strong management, leadership and development skills coupled with a strong understanding of NPD/market dynamics.
This is an exciting and newly created position working for a successful business with a strong order book and offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Head of Engineering and Product Development, Reference: PS / HOEDM9801". Thank you for your interest.