General Manager - Manufacturing
Brewster Partners are pleased to be working with a successful Worcestershire based SME manufacturing business, part of a larger group, as they look to recruit a General Manager to look after the facility and manage a team of up to 30 people.
The business are looking for a born leader with previous managerial experience. You’ll have proven experience overseeing operations, and potentially human resources, finance, and communications departments too.
Reporting into the Group CEO, the objectives of this role are:
- Operational Planning and reporting
- Making sure processes, quality and controls are adopted, followed and developed
- Develop strategic plans for optimised productivity
- Review and improve organisational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Uphold standards of excellence and soaring quality
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
Specific day to day responsibilities will include:
- Oversee day-to-day operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Recruit, on-board, and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Delegate responsibilities to the best employees to perform them while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
- You will be expected to provide a monthly KPI update to the board
The business is looking for a strong leader with excellent managerial skills who is adept and operational planning and reporting and can make tough decisions when necessary.
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Above-average communication, collaboration, and delegation skills
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Ability to motivate and lead people, and hold employees accountable
- Strong working knowledge of operational procedures
This is an exciting opportunity for an experience leader to join a successful group going from strength to strength and will offer a competitive salary package.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: General Manager - Manufacturing, Reference: PS / GM0912". Thank you for your interest.