Business Development Manager
Brewster Partners are working with an iconic Sheffield based metals manufacturing business as they look to recruit a dynamic and ambitious Business Development Manager.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for maximising the long term business growth within the defense sector which will be achieved through a combination of business development, key account management and networking.
Reporting to the Sales Director, the Business Development Manager will develop, execute and manage a focused new business pursuit plan in accordance with long term goals and objectives of the company.
This includes the identification and acquisition of new business and ensuring profitability targets are reached. Working with external and internal key influences and decision makers to identify new product and technology opportunities.
The role of Business Development Manager will see the successful person:
- Identify business development opportunities within the Defence sector in line with the long term growth strategy
- Develop a complete understanding of the customer current and future requirements, translate these into profitable product and service offers.
- Develop a strategic bid win strategy, negotiate and influence before submitting. Understand and influence the drivers and players in the decision making chain. Influence the award criteria towards what the business can offer.
- Exert influence early in the design and specification phase to lock in unique capability, leverage R&D to achieve this.
- Identify and execute long term supply agreements
- Building deep and high level relationships with clients to influence spend decisions.
- Develop and maintains an understanding and impact of the trends, significant factors and competitor behaviour influencing all markets
- Build business strategies to overcome.
- Obtain RFQ and ITT for new business.
- Help other teams with estimating and quoting
- Develop relationships in key Governmental departments, spend bodies and business networks to identify and influence growth opportunities
This role would suit someone from a technical or engineering background with strong commercial capabilities and could suit someone currently working within a Project Management or Technical Management role looking for a new career.
You will ideally have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering, Metallurgy or other related field and high level experience liaising with a range of contacts up to CEO level.
You will need to have a background in engineering, defense, renewable or metals based manufacturing.
This role is the chance to work for a well known business with a bright future and offers a competitive remuneration package including bonus package.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Business Development Manager, Reference: PS / BDM9876". Thank you for your interest.