Brewster McBride are pleased to be working in exclusive partnership with a West Yorkshire based Medical device manufacturer who are looking to recruit an experienced Research and Development Manager from the medical device sector
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company with ambitious growth plans over the next few years with new products/R & D playing a significant part in this.
The R&D Manager will be responsible for strategic oversight of the R&D department, delivery of NPD projects, modifications and upkeep of existing products and DHFs, as well as the day to day line management of a small team.
Reporting to the board of directors, the role will involve:
- Overall responsibility for the delivery of all NPD projects;
- Responsible for the R&D team
- Ensure projects are fully scoped, resource requirements are identified and business cases are established for all NPD projects;
- In conjunction with the R&D and Sales/Marketing teams, responsible for establishing and maintaining a ‘product pipeline’ to meet the strategic aims of the company;
- Ownership of the Project Review Meeting as a mechanism to keep projects on track and ensure key stakeholders receive up to date communication;
- Programme management for the R&D department, combining NPD projects, existing product modifications, DHF updates and departmental improvement projects;
- Working with the Quality and Manufacturing departments to make updates to existing products as a result of Non-Conformances and planned improvements;
- Own, maintain, review and update the Design Control Process to ensure the system is compliant whilst being as streamlined and efficient as possible;
- Provide technical support to all projects and R&D staff;
- Provide direction and line management of all R&D staff, including:
- Regular 1 to 1’s
- Objective setting
- Staff Development Reviews
- Generation of training plans
- Performance management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Generation of reports to provide regular communication to the Executive Team as well as the Board of Directors;
- Hold regular team meetings to ensure good communication throughout the departme
This is a key role for the business and they are looking for someone from the Medical Device industry with a good knowledge of R&D.
The specific kind of experience we're looking for includes:
- An Engineering, Science or Technical degree;
- Substantial experience in new product development of medical devices;
- Proven experience of delivering NPD projects from concept to final release;
- Demonstrable project management skills;
- Good knowledge of design control and stage gate processes;
- Awareness and understanding of ISO13485 and medical device regulations;
- Excellent leadership skills; able to motivate and inspire staff, providing technical support and guidance;
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
This is a key role for the business and on offer is a competitive remuneration package including flexible working and flexitime.
Associate Partner – Manufacturing and Engineering
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: R&D Manager, Reference: PS / BBBH15593". Thank you for your interest.