Principal Policy Adviser
Brewster Partners are delighted to be supporting a National Membership Organisation that supports businesses across the UK to be heard to recruit a Principal Policy Officer.
You will work close partnership with senior leaders throughout the region provide a cohesive and united voice for businesses throughout the region and feed into National policy makers and achieving regional thriving economies.
The role can be based throughout the North ideally within commuting distance or Newcastle or Leeds, hybrid working is offered and frequent work throughout the North will be expected.
This role will report to the Head of Regional Policy and work closely with three Regional Directors to help identify and act upon business priorities throughout the region.
You will develop regional-specific policy campaigns through pro-active member engagement, research and planning or advancing a particular time-limited regional campaign based on member need as well as chairing meetings, providing updates, developing briefings and seeking member input virtually and in person to internal and external stakeholders.
In this role you will be expected to establish relationships with leading civil servants and stakeholders along with updating stakeholder maps of decision makers and ensuring the organisations view is effectively communicated.
You will distil regional political and policy insight for members so they can make more informed decisions and develop a compelling offer to encourage more businesses to join the organisation.
Duties will include:
- Leading Northern policy and campaigning work
- Taking on national-regional projects focused on achieving thriving regional economies
- Working with CBI members and colleagues to successfully implement regional policy campaigns i.e. mayoral manifestos while managing competing business and commercial interests
- Working on discrete projects (e.g. policy briefs, reports, consultation responses), using project management skills to track progress, manage risk and measure success
- Drafting and presenting papers for quarterly Regional Council meetings as well as presenting the member view to external audiences
- Acting as point of contact for members, staff, and other stakeholders on Northern regional policy and future national-regional projects,
- Leading engagement with officials at the Local and National level
- Proactively working with colleagues across the team, region and organisation to fully exploit synergies with policy Team
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an outstanding team and will suit someone that has a sound knowledge and understanding of the policymaking process in UK government, regionally and locally and keen interest in understanding of politics at all levels.
To be successful you will need to have outstanding communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships quickly and the ability to influence key business leaders to work together to promote a cohesive voice on policy making for the North.
You will need to be able to demonstrate your research and analytical skills and the ability to pick and digest concepts and provide solutions.
The role is offered on a remote and hybrid working model and offers exceptional benefits
Managing Partner – Charity & Not-for-Profit
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Principal Policy Adviser, Reference: PB / PPAC". Thank you for your interest.