Head of Finance
A National Charity with its Head office based on Sheffield is looking for a Part Time Head of Finance to look after all aspects of finance.
You will be responsible for the management of all financial systems within the organisation ensuring that all financial related data and analysis is provided and filed within the allocated timeframes and deadlines.
You will liaise with external agencies, professional bodies and funders to provide relevant and accurate information and advice as well as being able to analyse data and information received through a number of sources to enable the collation and sharing of financial and statistical data to make financial decisions.
Duties will include:
- Providing regular financial reporting and insights to clearly identify opportunities and gaps and inform key decisions, planning processes and policies.
- Ensure that an appropriate financial framework is in place to guide the organisations financial decision-making
- Ensure the organisation has effective financial management and control of all financial assets; including cash flow, bank accounts, books and records of the organization.
- Deliver management account reporting that is accurate, effective and leads to compliant statutory accounts
- Work with the Chief Executive and senior leadership team to produce an annual budget for approval by the Trustees
- Work with budget holders to develop their financial understanding and ownership of individual budgets
- Produce and publish best practice audited accounts in conjunction with the Finance Sub-Committee and external auditors
- Provide quarterly management reports for the Trustee meetings which tracks: trends, revenue income; and agreed KPIs.
- Management of recording of grants programmes and the provision of reports as required
- Oversight of quarterly investment reports and posting of quarterly movements.
- Liaise with the auditors to provide annual audited reports to Chief Executive and Trustees which contribute to the final annual accounts.
You will be an ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) qualified Accountant with evidence of operating at a management level in a comparably complex private or not-for profit sector organisation, with experience of producing and delivering strategic plans, budgets and objectives.
You will have experience of administering and developing effective systems that enable financial functions to be done efficiently and experience in statutory accounts preparation and identifying audit risks.
Charity Finance law and Procedures, including SORP would be very advantageous.
Great benefits including hybrid working.
Client Director – Charity & Not-for-Profit
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Head of Finance, Reference: PB / HOf/Bta". Thank you for your interest.