Brewster Partners are delighted to be supporting a National Charity with its Head office in South Yorkshire to recruit a Finance Manager to lead a small team.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting the organisation through robust and timely financial reporting and developing systems and processes that are fit for purpose and produce accurate financial information.
You will also play a key role in developing and supporting the accounting, reporting and control activities within the organisation and work closely with the Finance Director and Senior Management Team as well as line managing a team of three.
Duties will include:
- Developing and improving procedures and policies and with the guidance of the Finance Director, improving systems and controls surrounding all aspects of the charity’s financial management.
- Assist the Finance Director in preparing the annual budget.
- Work with individual budget holders to develop budgets and review performance.
- To assist with the management of all accounting procedures
- Assist with monitoring the financial performance of the organisation.
- Develop and automate reporting templates to provide key management information to the SMT.
- Liaising with the auditors and leading on the preparation and provision of information during the annual audit process for the charity and it’s trading company.
- In co-ordination with HR, maintain and prepare the monthly and four weekly payrolls for the organisation, ensuring payments and returns to HMRC and pensions providers are delivered in line with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and submit the quarterly VAT returns and monitor the partial exemption calculation.
- Oversee the team providing a payroll bureau service to third parties.
- To have oversight and provide scrutiny over the organisations grant expenditure.
This is a fantastic role for someone qualified to minimum AAT and 3 years’ experience.
You will need excellent working knowledge of Sage 200, Sage 50 Accounts and Sage Payroll and be highly organised and able to work under pressure along with knowledge and experience of preparation and management of payroll.
This role will have exposure across the organisation and externally and therefore Strong communication and interpersonal skills will be a must.
Great benefits including free car parking
Client Director – Charity & Not-for-Profit
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Finance Manager, Reference: PB / FmgrCs". Thank you for your interest.