Brewster Partners are delighted to be supporting a beloved charity in Huddersfield to recruit a Finance Manager to lead a team and report directly to the Finance Director.
This is a key role within the organisation and will manage the finance function in its entirety on a day to day operational basis and ensuring excellent governance and producing accurate and timely reports. The role will be part of the Corporate Service s Senior Leadership team.
You will be responsible for ensuring timely and accurate monthly financial and payroll reporting is in place to supports informed decision making across all areas of the charity.
You will implement and review systems and controls, providing high quality management information as well as managing the front of house team, office management and administration ensuring systems are reliable, negotiating contracts and ensuring value for money is demonstrated across the organisation.
Duties will include:
- Ensuring efficient maintenance of the financial records of the charity and trading company.
- Collate, track and monitor capital project spend to ensure restricted and unrestricted funds are allocated and spent accordingly.
- Produce timely, accurate and relevant monthly management accounts including commentary on significant areas and variances against budgets.
- Work with the IT/Data Analyst to support the data journey across all departments
- Manage reconciliation of all control accounts, inter-company account and regular review of nominal ledger, aged debtors and aged creditors.
- Maintain an accurate fixed asset register which includes IT records, ensuring accurate records to safeguard equipment and support the capital strategy and annual business plan.
- Be responsible for maximising cash flow through banking and accurate ensuring all income is claimed in a timely manner such as gift aid, VAT, SDS and managing credit control.
- Take responsibility for procurement processes.
- Assist in preparing the consolidated annual budget
- Assist with regular forecasting, working closely with budget holders, challenging performance, to obtain a good understanding of the predicted year end result.
- Be responsible for meeting all payroll and pension compliance and regulation submissions and deadlines.
You will ideally be AAT or part qualified (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a thorough practical understanding of management accounting principles and techniques and have experience of o leading and managing all aspects of a finance department.
You will need experience of producing detailed departmental and consolidated management accounts, including variance analysis and commentary and ideally experience of working on payroll software, and understanding of payroll principles and processing.
Knowledge of Charity Sorp FRS 102 would be advantageous.
Great benefits including hybrid working
Managing Partner – Charity & Not-for-Profit
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Finance Manager, Reference: PB / FMfnot". Thank you for your interest.