Brewster Partners are delighted to be supporting a National Charity based near Maidenhead to recruit a Fina Controller to join an existing finance team.
The Charity is one of Britain’s leading building conservation charities, they save buildings in danger of being lost forever with the help of volunteers rebuild them to their former glory.
This is a new role and will report to the Head of Finance, you will take day to day control of the finance team and have responsibility for producing all external financial reporting.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing and authorising transactions for the various purchase and nominal ledgers, payrolls, income and reconciliations. •
- Ensuring financial information is both accurate and prepared on a timely basis.
- Making sure ad hoc financial, tax and VAT issues are resolved including one-off fore and unusual movements, presentations, and reports.
- Lead on the preparation of monthly management accounts, cash forecasts and any external reporting requirements such as ONS surveys.
- Preparation of all year-end statutory accounts for the Charity and subsidiaries, leading the audit process and maintain the relationship with the auditors, including any associated company filings required throughout the year payrolls
- Lead the preparation of the annual budget for the organisation with the support of the Head of Corporate Services
- Assist the Head of Corporate Services in the renewal and management of insurance affairs
This role will work closely with internal and external stakeholders as well as manage the finance department on a day to day basis, which means that your communication skills will need to be outstanding.
You will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA Or equivalent qualified with experience of completing monthly and statutory accounts, ideally within a Charitable organisation, although this isn’t essential. You will have experience of FRS 102 and knowledge of VAT and reporting to statutory bodies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an outstanding organisation and you will be able to see the value you add.
25 days holiday, pension, BUPA (after 12 months)
Managing Partner – Charity & Not-for-Profit
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Controller-Charity, Reference: PB / FCLmkt". Thank you for your interest.