A national business is looking for a Team Manager to join the community team of their organisation based in Lambeth, London.
This is a superb role that will suit someone with strong retail experience and a passion for delivering community centred initiatives and enhancing the infrastructure of an area.
You will work alongside colleagues to support, encourage, and build strong individuals and more confident communities. Through leading a successful team, you will deliver a successful store in which all colleagues are in it together, delivering a great experience for members.
Duties will include:
- Ensure that all Health, Safety & Environmental policies, and practices are upheld, whilst proactively encouraging your team to promote a culture of good HSE practices.
- Responsible for maintaining and upkeeping legal labelling POS requirements and raising any discrepancies to technical and marketing.
- Delivering the day-to-day operation of the store through routine processes and practices, ensuring daily practises, processes, and procedures are followed. .
- Merchandise the store to a high standard, making informed suggestions and recognising improvements where possible to drive and maximise sales potential.
- Lead and develop members of your team to deliver performance against plan and ensure they deliver the tasks they are accountable for.
- Support, develop, coach and guide all members of your team through the use of development and succession planning
- Ensure that our colleagues uphold our culture and deliver an exceptional member experience.
You will be expected to strive and exceed KPIs which will include:
- Sales targets
- Store standards – audit
- Membership sign ups
To be successful you will have strong operational and technical knowledge of the retail sector and your departmental area with the ability to effectively plan, organise and manage own workload while working to strict deadlines along with an inquisitive mind with a good eye for detail that has a creative approach to merchandising.
You will lead by example and uphold the organisations values at all times and have the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and be flexible and adaptable to support the needs of the business.
Client Director – Charity & Not-for-Profit
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Team Manager, Reference: PB / CmsTm". Thank you for your interest.