Brewster Partners are supporting a charitable organisation to recruit a Finance Manager. Ideally with an immediate start on a 6-month contract basis (they may be the possibility that the role will move to permanent).
This a fantastic role and will report to the Director of Finance and works across all areas of finance.
As Finance Manager you will manage the day to finances of the organisation including working closely with the FD to ensure that the organisation fulfils its statutory and charitable in timely and accurate manner.
You will manage a small team and provide accurate financial data when required to the FD and the Board of Trustees.
You will liaise with stakeholders internally and externally therefore the ability to explain complex financial to non-financial personnel.
The Finance Manger will have responsibility for all daily finance matters and work closely with the FD and the finance team to prepare and coordinate monthly reports, budgeting, variance and reforecasting as well as improving process.
You will also:
- Ensure efficient maintenance of the financial records of the charity and trading company.
- Collate, track and monitor spend to ensure restricted and unrestricted funds are allocated and spent accordingly.
- Produce timely, accurate and relevant monthly management accounts information of the charity, including commentary on significant areas and variances against budgets.
- Ensure accurate updating of the financial performance aspects of the organisational dashboard, within strict deadlines.
- Ensure that high standards are met regarding the quality of data used across finance systems, data is accurate, reliable and therefore provides robust management information
- Work with budget holders to review performance against budget and monitor the overall organisation’s finances to ensure we are operating within the agreed budget.
You will have sound all round accounting knowledge and ideally be ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent qualified or have extensive proven ability.
Having an understanding of the voluntary sector and understanding of charity accounting in terms of reporting requirements, charity law, VAT and legislation would be advantageous along with experience of producing detailed management accounts, including variance analysis and commentary.
This role will have exposure across all areas of the company therefore the ability to support and guide colleagues on complex financial matters, as well as general support on budgeting will be required.
You will also need Advanced Excel and Microsoft Office skills, ability to do lookups, pivot tables and graphs.
This role is offered at 37 or 30 hours with a hybrid flexible model. There Is free parking, generous holidays, and subsidised meals.
Managing Partner – Charity & Not-for-Profit
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Finance Manager, Reference: PB / BsyFmgr". Thank you for your interest.