Assistant Director of Finance
Brewster Partners are delighted to be supporting a national charity based in Sheffield to recruit an Interim Assistant Director of Finance for 6 -12 months.
As Assistant Director of Finance you lead on reviewing existing financial systems and provide expert insight and support to the organisation with costing and pricing of projects, services and products and carry out a major review of the profitability of existing projects and current business model reporting.
You will also help establish a local finance team in the Australian subsidiary and support the successful transfer of the Australian finances and processes and advise the Senior Management team on the long term and permanent management and leadership of the Finance function, following the retirement of the Group Finance and HR Director.
You will work with the Group Director of Finance and HR to manage the finance function for the Group to ensure it follows best practice in charity accounting and meets all its statutory obligations while providing an excellent finance service to the staff and Board of the Group.
This role will sit in the Leadership Team and will as part of the team ensuring the organisation meets its ambition and objective. This role will also need someone that isn’t afraid to pick up day to day duties as required.
Duties will include:
- Work with the Group Finance and HR Director to produce annual budgets and long term financial forecasts including our financial strategy and reserves policy for the Group
- Ensure that staff, Board Members, and funders in both the UK and Australia receive accurate finance reports and provide guidance and training where appropriate to help staff and Board members to understand our finances.
- Ensure effective management of the cashflow and treasury management
- Ensure that monthly management accounts, VAT, statutory and other returns are prepared accurately and on time
- Ensure that annual financial statements are prepared and agreed with the auditors. Ensure appropriate controls and internal audit checks are implemented to safeguard the organisation’s assets
- Liaise with UK and Australian auditors, bankers, Tax authorities, Charity and Company regulatory bodies as required to ensure we meet all UK and Australian reporting and compliance requirements.
- Deputise for the Group Director of Finance and HR as required Day to day Costing and Pricing
- Work with staff across the organisation to develop effective models for costing our products and services and for developing bid budgets and funding
You will be ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent qualified with experience of leading a finance team leading and experience of all aspects of financial management with experience of setting up and improving financial management systems, controls and reporting .
Experience of international accounting including accounting for overseas subsidiaries would be advantageous along with complex pricing and costing of projects
You will also be able to contribute to the development of strategy, business plans and organisational development along with experience of reviewing the profitability of business models and making recommendations.
You will need to have working knowledge of Group accounting and complex VAT with commercial acumen and ideally an understanding of charity accounting
Client Director – Charity & Not-for-Profit
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Assistant Director of Finance, Reference: PB \ asstdtrFi". Thank you for your interest.