Business Intelligence Lead Developer
Business Intelligence lead Developer in Sheffield required for an award winning, fast paced, retail business who are aggressively opening new stores across the UK. The role is to design and maintain data warehouse schema, ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) process and BI reporting systems, SSAS, data models and cubes, experience in these areas is essential for this role. The business is based on the outskirt of Sheffield and is easily commutable for people living in Leeds, Wakefield, Barnsley, Rotherham, Doncaster, Nottinghamshire, Sheffield and surrounding areas.
- Maintain, design, and develop the data warehouse schema and develop ETL solutions to satisfy business continuity and information reporting.
- Monitor ETL status, speed, and reliability to ensure continued integrity and availability of data in the data warehouse, and the subsequent availability of business-critical data for reporting.
- Support, maintain, secure, and develop the BI architecture and make any necessary configuration and maintenance changes to the environment to support the IT systems and wider BI user community.
- Work with the Business and Reporting Analysts to develop and enable open, easy-to-use solutions that to optimise design and implementation.
- Analyse and quickly assess issues and recommend and/or implement solution designs.
- Support BI environment problems, maintaining access to business-critical data and BI systems
- Lead on investigating, recommending, and implementing new data engineering and BI-related cloud-based solutions architecture
- Ensure that all Health, Safety & Environmental policies, and practices are upheld, whilst proactively encouraging colleagues to promote a culture of good HSE practice.
- Keep up to date with information relevant to your department and cascade this accordingly to your team/colleagues.
- Engaging with key stakeholders across the business to support cross functional and positive working relationships.
- Ensure that you adhere to all Company Shop Group (CSG) policies and procedures.
You must have experience of the following:
- Data warehousing techniques
- Proven experience in designing, developing and maintenance of ETL functions
- At least 4 years demonstrable experience in Relational and Dimensional modelling
- Business analysis / requirement gathering and technical specification experience
- Read/write T-SQL
- SQL Server and SSIS, SSAS, SSRS
- Leading department representation on development project reporting requirements
- Leadership skill and experience in managing and developing a team
- Supporting the BAU reporting needs of the business, whilst also delivering the longer-term BI/DW strategy
- Identify dependencies across the business landscape, escalating and acting proactively to minimise impact
- Able to work out of hours, responding to IT support requirements, planned maintenance or upgrades
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 / 18 / Business Central.
- Experience in leading / managing IT development teams, resources, and strategies.
- Strong working experience of IT disciplines, project management, development methodologies, software support, production operations, quality assurance and system management.
- Agile project management methodologies.
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 depending on experience, full staff benefits and hybrid working.
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Business Intelligence Lead Developer, Reference: NP / 14933". Thank you for your interest.