Planner & Buying Manager
Planning and Purchasing Manager in Bradford required for a prestigious, world renowned food manufacturing business. The UK part of this global business has great strategic influence and is heavily invested in to drive worldwide results. The UK manufacturing sites have recently undergone significant change resulting in a leaner, more agile, and more progressive business which has lead them to now looking for a new Planning and Purchasing Manager to take control of all the production planning, materials expediting and procurement agenda.
This is a fantastic role that is really broad in scope and plays an integral part in ensuring the smooth functioning of the manufacturing site as well as also working at Group level to ensure the whole businesses purchasing strategy is optimised.
The role reports directly into the Group MD.
Duties will include:
- Production Planning - Preparing weekly production plans and monitor performance
- Stock Management - Managing stock in line with minimum shelf life and instigate plans should issues arise
- Raw Material Stock Levels - Placing orders to ensure future production requirements are met, ensuring that order acknowledgements are received and expedite orders when necessary whilst ensuring warehouse capacity is not exceeded
- Finished Product Stock Levels - Tracking levels within agreed parameters to ensure minimal write off costs whilst maintaining customer service levels
- Sales Performance - Monitoring sales performance by SKU and highlight anomalies or opportunities
- S&OP Data - Compiling sales data and trends for the monthly S&OP meeting.
- Supplier Relationships – Developing appropriate relationships with key suppliers enabling identification of cost improvement opportunities. This includes direct and indirect
- Run tenders - Identifying new opportunities for the Group either through cost engineering or through innovation
- Contract call off - Monitoring existing contract usage and flag issues as they arise
- Supplier Performance - Tracking and measuring supplier performance against on time in full targets and assist with the resolution of quality complaints
- Experience of working in an FMCG, manufacturing or food production environment is essential.
- You must have a proven experience in Purchasing or Production Planning
- Strong work ethic and a desire to succeed and progress is paramount
- strong excel user would be an advantage as planning files are all excel based
- Salary £40,000 - £50,000 DOE
- 25 days holiday + stats
- Be part of driven forward thinking, like mined team
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Planner & Buying Manager, Reference: NP / 14513". Thank you for your interest.