Group Financial Control Manager
Excellent opportunity for a Qualified Financial Control Manager to join the Group function of a UK market leading business that has ambitious plans of becoming the global market leader within their sector.
Remote working is on offer however you will be expected to work from the Swindon office circa 2-4 days per month so being within a sensible commute is key.
Reporting to the Group Head of Internal Financial Controls, this role will be a key player within a newly formed, team.
The role will support the company with its business and process improvement journey, by working to manage the design, implementation, and monitoring of the delivery of the Group’s internal controls and financial compliance programme.
- Building capabilities to support and protect businesses strategy and operations.
- This role will operate within a team to develop an industry leading Internal Controls over Financial Reporting Framework,
- Working with business managers to strengthen the internal governance and controls environment
- Taking the business beyond compliance and positioning internal controls at the centre of business transformation initiatives
- Support the delivery of the Internal Controls programme, including the ‘UK SOx’ agenda.
- The role-holder will work closely with managers and operators across the business to ensure the correct processes, policies and procedures are in place to monitor and improve the effectiveness of systems of internal financial control, supporting actions being taken to manage risk.
- Offering advice and guidance on Internal Controls best practice and policy to managers and operators
- Engaging in change projects on complex internal control and compliance issues.
- Manage components of the Group's Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and UK SOx compliance programme
- Support the Internal Controls programme and UK SOx scoping and risk assessment by collaborating with cross-functional teams to stay up to date on significant changes that may have an impact on the design, implementation, and operating effectiveness of controls.
- Support the delivery and maintenance of all areas of Internal Controls, including process modelling, Entity Level controls, process narratives, flowcharts, Risk & Control Matrices, other procedural documentation
- Responsible for on-going project management of components of the Internal Controls programme, including managing the delivery of quality output, which is well evidenced, documented and reported.
This role would suit a highly analytical and numerate individual who can demonstrate solid experience in internal or external audit, internal controls, risk assessment/management, regulatory compliance, or governance.
An (ACA, ACCA,CIMA) or equivalent Qualified Accountant is also required. Any experience of SOx would be a distinct advantage, in addition to experience of implementing/auditing against US SOx framework, an understanding of issues and challenges UK listed companies are facing in the Corporate Governance area and an awareness of the Government’s strategy. Consultative in style and a clear communicator, you are likely to thrive working in a role that requires interaction with a wide range of stakeholders.
For further information on this role please forward your CV today.
£55,000 - £60,000 pa + Excellent Benefits
Associate Client Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Group Financial Control Manager, Reference: MP / BBBH15331". Thank you for your interest.