Group Health and Safety Advisor
My client, a nationwide food retailer, is looking to appoint an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Advisor (HSEA) to help support the Health, Safety and Environment team. The company is going through a sustained period of rapid business growth and success as they continue to win multiple industry awards and open new stores. The business is built on integrity and values and has a unique offering and an exceptional culture. With sites throughout the UK, my client is well established and can provide fantastic career opportunities.
As Health, Safety and Environment Advisor you will be responsible for coaching and supporting colleagues and commit to the continual improvement of health and safety standards across the entire business. Reporting in to The Health, Safety and Environment Manager you will work as part of a small team and take responsibility for the North regional patch. Further responsibilities are detailed below.
- Undertake regular health, safety and environment visits, the results of which are to be recorded and discussed with regional management plus recommendations for improvement.
- Report serious issues to the regional Health, Safety, and Environment Manager.
- Attend regional health, safety, and environment meetings.
- Create a positive approach to accident and incident prevention, the health of all employees and impact on the environment.
- To be the point of contact and provide support, advice, and guidance for all stores in the region checking compliance with health, safety, and environment policy arrangements.
- Where appropriate, stopping work activities that pose a risk of serious injury or damage to the environment and assist with an improvement action plan.
- To be considered for this role you must have previous experience working directly within health and safety.
- Ideally you will have gained a practical understanding of ISO14001, 45001 and 9001.
- Ideally you will hold a NEBOSH diploma and be a member of IOSH, however you will be considered if you are working towards these accreditations.
- You must have extensive experience of handling of H&S investigations and formulating, implementing, and revising H&S policies and procedures.
- Ability to work co-operatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvements.
- To be flexible and adaptable to support the needs of the business. Due to the regional nature of this role it will require you to travel and be open to the occasional overnight stay.
If you have experience within health and safety, ideally within a food retail environment apply now for immediate consideration!
£32,000 - £35,000 + Competitive benefits package
Associate Client Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Group Health and Safety Advisor, Reference: MC / 14963". Thank you for your interest.