My client is a charitable organisation who provide invaluable care and support for their local residents, families and carers at a time when they need it most. This new post has been created to help run the estates and facilities operation of the charities premises, facilities and grounds.
As Facilities Manager you will take overall responsibility for the operations management of the estates and facilities function. Reporting into the Finance and Support Services Manager, you will manage a small team consisting of a Caretaker and Housekeepers. Further duties and responsibilities are detailed below.
- Ensure that all the environments and equipment that the charity is responsible for, are safe, clean and well maintained in line with legislation and best practice guidance.
- Assist with the planning of the preventative maintenance program, implementing required maintenance projects and recording and reporting on progress.
- Organise servicing, maintenance and checks of all security and safety systems
- Complete risk assessments and implement safe systems of work to reduce risks to the lowest level reasonably practicable in regard to all estates and facilities activities.
- Act as a responsible individual in relation to Health and Safety and be aware of the responsibilities of all employees to maintain a safe and healthy environment for all.
- Ensure effective fire prevention, ensuring completion of inspections, risk assessments, and regular checks on fire alarm systems, emergency lighting, emergency exits and firefighting equipment.
- Ensure effective, reliable supply of high quality PPE to minimise risk and promote health, safety and wellbeing of staff and volunteers.
- You will have worked as Facilities Manager previously or have a strong background in Estates and Facilities. Ideally this will have been within a healthcare environment, however this is not essential.
- You will have sound knowledge and experience of Health and Safety practises and procedures.
- You will be a resilient leader with a drive and enthusiasm to get things done.
- You will have the ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads, according to the overall objectives of the Estates and Facilities function.
- You must be hands on with a lead by example attitude and have the ability to gain credibility and trust.
If you have Estates and Facilities experience apply now for immediate consideration!
£25,000 pa + highly competitive benefits package
Associate Client Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Facilities Manager, Reference: MC / 14783". Thank you for your interest.