Brewster Partners are exclusively working with a leading national distribution company based in Barnsley. This company has consistently been growing for the past 7 years and they are now at a turnover of £30m.
We are looking for a motivated Accounts Assistant who has a strong Purchase Ledger background. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the accounts payable function as well as supporting credit control and carrying out other daily accounting and administrative tasks.
You will be part of a team of 6 where you will be supported if there are elements on the role that you need development with. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic to develop and grow within the finance team.
- Accurate invoice processing by matching supplier invoices against purchase orders and delivery notes.
- Processing weekly BACS payment runs
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Posting and allocating receipts to customer accounts
- Setting up and amending existing customer accounts
- Assisting with credit control
- Generating and sending sales invoices
- Sending copy invoices and statements to customers
- Raising customer credit notes
- Assisting with month end
- Assisting with office tasks such as filing, answering phones and processing mail
- Sage experience
- Studying AAT would be desirable
- Hard worker and reliable
- Be able to work with Microsoft Word and excel
- Able to work on their own initiative
- Strong organisation skills
- Must thrive in an environment driven by tight schedules/deadlines and to deliver results.
- Must have an appetite for ownership of issues and accountability for results
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Accounts Assistant, Reference: LT / BBBH15863". Thank you for your interest.