Brewster Partners are working with an exciting company who have recently gone through rapid growth and are recruiting for a Legal Cashier to support the daily financial functions of the legal side of the companies within the group.
As a legal cashier you will be a specialist bookkeeper who is responsible for the accounting and finance functions of our solicitor's practice, such as recording day-to-day financial transactions and ensuring the firm complies with the SRA Rules. Ensuring customers payments are paid in a timely manner in accordance with the payment terms.
- Supporting the Accounts Manager and the Finance Department in the provision of accurate and timely processing of financial transactions for the practice by providing competent and effective cashiering duties
- To undertake daily banking functions including bank reconciliations
- The processing of client and office accounting transactions including postings and cheque production.
- The processing of client bills to include checking and posting
- Input and production of nominal cheque requests.
- Processing automatic and manual payment runs by BACS/TT and cheque.
- The processing of bank transfers
- Month end procedures
- Assist in VAT administration and returns
- Processing of travel and other expenses
- Money Laundering checks as required
- Dealing with enquiries from fee earners and other staff members
- Dealing with enquiries and payments from clients
- The administration and reconciliation of petty cash
- Attention to detail
- Personal credibility
- Competent and confident within a finance team and in dealing with the wider business
- Must have experience of bank processing receipts and payments
- Must have experience in high volume transactional accounts
- Having knowledge of SRA accounts rules and procedures is preferred
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work well in a team but also to work independently
£25,000 - £30,000 pa
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Legal Cashier, Reference: LT / BBBH15829". Thank you for your interest.