Brewster Partners are working with an exciting company who have recently gone through rapid growth and as a result they are looking to expand their finance team with a Purchase Clerk. The main purpose of this role is to ensure a positive relationship between the Finance Team and the Operation through accurate and responsible purchasing. The purchase clerk supports the business through purchasing department activities. Through ordering general supplies, maintaining supplier payments and liaising with the business over key deliveries. They will report directly to a finance supervisor and providing administrative support to the operation through maintaining inventory and purchase records throughout the procurement process.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs.
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Update internal databases with order details (dates, suppliers, quantities, discounts)
- Evaluate offers from suppliers and negotiate better prices
- Prepare cost analyses
- Arranging payment for supplies
- Maintain updated records of invoices and purchase orders
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Maintain the right supply of products and services, the quality standards of the operation and minimise the amount of money the operation spends
- Liaising with other departments such as stock control
- Working with shipping agents
- Other general administration tasks as required
- Experience of working with a finance department.
- Understanding of budget control and budget management.
- Attention to detail
- Personal credibility
- Competent and confident within a finance team and in dealing with the wider business
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Time management skills
- Organisation skills
- Computer proficiency, particularly with spreadsheet programmes
£25,000 - £30,000 pa
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Purchase Ledger, Reference: LT / BBBH15826". Thank you for your interest.