Brewster Partners are working with an exciting and fast growing company based in Leeds. We are seeking an ambitious Financial Accountant who has a strong accounts background and wanting to continue their development within a dynamic and fast pace environment. We are looking for someone who is a finalist, newly qualified or qualfied in ACCA/CIMA/ACA. You will be working closely with the Financial Controller supporting them with month end preparation and reports to the stakeholders.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that the finance department’s systems and working practices are optimal and capable of delivering solutions to support the control and development of the business.
- Support Financial Controller in month-end day 2 close preparation and review of key balance sheet processes.
- Manage Group reporting requirements – including period end reporting, cashflow forecasting and transfer pricing.
- Manage Balance reconciliation control ownership to support accurate and complete reporting.
- Manage and develop stock reporting and analysis, working with the purchasing manager to provide stock information to the business.
- Manage Foreign entity branch reporting requirements.
- Manage foreign currency contracts in line with agreed hedging policy.
- Manage payroll related accruals and reconciliations and submission of HMRC payments .
- Manage all VAT & Duty returns, compliance and forecasts.
- Support internal and external audit activities
- Prepare year end analysis for key statutory accounts notes and tax analysis
- Identify and propose improvements and efficiencies in existing processes
- Assistance with/Preparation of the Budgeting & Forecasting processes
- Ad hoc business support / Business partnering assistance to resolve queries and requests
- Part or fully qualified with relevant professional qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA).
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills; analytical approach.
- Computer literate and strong IT/Excel skills.
- Continuous improvement approach to processes & systems.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive approach – takes ownership
- Team working.
- Customer focus – internal and external – passion for excellence.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, demanding environment
- Enthusiastic approach to learning – committed to accuracy
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Financial Accountant, Reference: LT / BBBH15531". Thank you for your interest.