Engineering Design Manager
Brewster Partners are recruiting for an Engineering Design Manager. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for a small engineering team and have the autonomy to make a difference across the engineering team based on best practice, vision, strategy and innovation to maximise performance across all existing and new design projects.
- Managing an engineering team of 5 (including apprentices) and assigns tasks to all engineering and technical personnel.
- Supporting the implementation of new products into the line by working closely with the Production Management Team.
- Rectifying day to day technical and design issues and assisting the production team with their daily challenges.
- Leading the team in the development of new products, solutions, and processes.
- Leading a drive for continuous improvement.
- Supporting purchasing team with supply chain issues
- Training apprentices and providing the support they need with their academic work.
- Supporting the Sales team with any design and technical enquires.
- Supporting the After sales team with the after-sales technical issues
- Striving to improve efficiency and sustainability of processes and product designs, and to reduce waste.
- Assuring that quality and compliance guidelines are met.
- Communicating with the customers and designing the products to meet their requirements.
- Providing a strategic leadership function to best utilise other technical engineering specialists in the department whilst providing expert knowledge in the various fields.
Skills and experience required:
- Proven managerial experience in Design Engineering, Process Engineering or Production Engineering will be an advantage.
- If you are an experiences Design Engineer, but don’t have any managerial experience and you are ready to take the next step
- Excellent computer skills with a good knowledge of CAD and Excel
- Experienced in project management of small, medium and large scale projects
- Ability to manage a small team and timely delivery of projects on time.
£45,000 - £52,000 pa
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Engineering Design Manager, Reference: LG / BBBH16029". Thank you for your interest.