Purchaser / Buyer
Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a passionate and skilled Purchaser/Buyer, working for a market leading manufacturing company. As the Purchaser/Buyer you will hold operational and tactical responsibilities for managing supplier quality, cost and delivery in line with company requirements and strategic responsibilities by assisting with the development of the function and the supply base in line with company strategy. You will be working in an extremely fast paced and pressurised environment.
- Purchase raw materials consistent with price, desired quality, and requirement date
- Create accurate forecasts to suppliers in line with company order book
- Place purchase orders to fulfil forecasted demands.
- Chase orders placed to ensure they are arriving as per requests
- Expedite orders to meet on time delivery from suppliers
- Source, Implement and maintain computerised stock system
- Maintain company inventory, minimising both over-stock and out-of-stock occurrences
- Co-ordinate regular inventory checks to ensure products are supplied as specified.
- Ensuring accuracy of system material book out.
- Negotiate cost reductions and rebates with preferred suppliers
- Work collaboratively with other departments to review processes and look for improvements
- Supply Chain Management, Procurement or Purchasing related experience. (Internal applicants – a will & desire to learn quickly).
- Manufacturing experience/background essential
- Experience of working in a Continuous improvement/ Development focused organisation.
- Experience working with demanding timescales and in a fast-paced environment.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and man-management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience of buying/procurement in a Material Requirements Planning environment.
- Experience in sub-contract processing and treatment management.
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Purchaser / Buyer, Reference: LG / BBBH15888". Thank you for your interest.