Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Design Engineer. We are seeking a The successful candidate will have a broad knowledge of engineering disciplines and high-speed rotating industrial equipment. Working within the Product Standards department, you will be conducting design activities related to the development of a range of standard gas seal products.
- Review & processing of Application Requests
- Following standard techniques and procedures, selection / application of standard or special seal products to meet customers' needs.
- Generation of engineering proposals / specifications for standard or special products, including determining cost-effective materials for production
- Seal calculations (including leakage calculations, heat generation, balance temp, flow rates etc.)More advanced use of CSTEDY & similar tools for in-depth design analysis Other engineering calculations as required
- Provide applications guidance to CAD Engineers to complete layout (GA) and detail drawings
- Prepare material and other relevant product specifications for internal and external use
- Field troubleshooting, including analysis of problems / recommendation & implementation of appropriate solutions, meeting with customers in plant or at customers site to resolve satisfactorily
- Detailed failure analysis activities, including investigation / reporting / resolution Identify & evaluate Value Engineering initiatives.
- Approve / reject in-house manufactured or bought out parts that do not conform to drawing specification (Concessions/Deviations).
- Product Development: Support the transition of a product from development into production.
- Creation of test specifications & plans.
- Product assembly / disassembly & installation of products on to test rigs. Manage / perform / monitor various forms of static / dynamic seal test projects to specified test criteria, whether as part of product development or for customer-specific tests.
- Recording of test results, creation of test reports.
- Evaluation of test results.
- General support to lab / test activities as required, e.g. preparation & commissioning of test rigs, preparation of seal components (this may include lapping & polishing and other processes at times), design of test adaptors / fixtures, & other relevant CAD design work, maintenance of test facilities & associated plant etc.
- Good knowledge of Solid Edge (or similar 3D CAD systems), both for the creation of parts and assemblies – Essential to have this
- Good knowledge of English, written and spoken.
- Attitude to teamwork and excellent communication skills with internal and external bodies.
- Ability to make decisions based on the available technical info.
- An accredited BEng degree or overseas equivalent, although a technical high school diploma (HND/HNC) with proven experience may be considered.
- Ability to work by objectives and organize their activities to meet deadlines.
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Design Engineer, Reference: LG / BBBH15854". Thank you for your interest.