Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a Furnace Technician The successful candidate will act as an effective link between the Metallurgy and Pyrometry Manager and the Furnace Technician team whilst maintaining positive communication channels between the team and its stakeholders in order to deliver engineering support to achieve KPI’s.
Working hours are: Monday to Friday, (7:00am to 3:30pm).
- Always maintain and practice high standard of Health and Safety including the correct completion of H&S documentation including work permits, risk assessments, method statements etc.
- Ensure a quick response to all machine breakdowns and strive to implement effective first-time fixes.
- Daily liaison with departmental managers to improve inter-departmental communications and down time.
- Ensure the pyrometry schedule is up to date and worked to in the manner that supports the businesses operational needs.
- Perform TUS, Calibration, and SAT pyrometry tests, and complete subsequent paperwork to the pyrometry schedule.
- Sourcing of spares, materials, tools, sub-contract support.
- Ensure that the calibration of Field Test instruments are maintained with third party providers.
- Ensure all paperwork in relation to the department is correctly compiled including breakdown reporting.
- Actively advancing own combustion knowledge to support site combustion activities and associated improvement initiatives.
- Previous experience in a Furnace Technician position (or similar).
- Experience of a hot working environmental would be advantageous.
- Working knowledge of AMS2750
- Able to work under pressure and deliver results to a defined deadline
- Logical and analytical
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Promote and embrace change
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Furnace Technician, Reference: LG / BBBH15726". Thank you for your interest.