Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Product Metallurgist. The Product Metallurgist is responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of the metallurgical function within the Technical team and is an integral contributor to the organisation’s new product introduction program inclusive of estimation, route definition, change management, and fixed process definition.
- Generation and approval of test plans and quality specifications within the site ERP system.
- Generation and approval of technical documentation such as cut-up reports, methods of manufacture, and fixed process documentation.
- Generation of process routes in the site ERP system, including the definition of key process parameters.
- Liaison with external stakeholders to obtain approval of substantiation packages and technical approvals to enable shipments.
- Engage with the CI team for product and process development
- Assist with customer Audits
- Resolution of customer complaints and product NCR’s
- Investigating and resolving issues raised through the Quality Clinic initiative
- To monitor and report on quality through existing tools and were necessary implementing new data sources and techniques
- To provide inActive involvement in the sites APQP initiative for new product introduction including the assessment of site capability to satisfy the customer requirements.
- Governance of the technical aspect of the site’s estimation process in the absence of the Product Engineer.
- Change management governance following the sites control systems.
- Drive a continuous improvement philosophy through the department, taking ownership of cost saving and productivity improvement projects.
- Higher qualification (ideally degree qualified) in Metallurgy/Materials Science or a related Engineering subject
- NDT Qualifications or experience (PCN or ASNT)
- Knowledge of hot-manufacturing environment, especially within the steel forging industry would be advantageous.
- Ability to read engineering drawings.
- Working knowledge of quality tools (such as APQP, FMEA, 6 Sigma, 8D, 5 Why) would be advantageous.
- Experience within a heavy engineering environment
£30,000 - £35,000 pa
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Product Metallurgist, Reference: LG / BBBH15569". Thank you for your interest.