Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a Quality Engineer. The Quality Engineer will support the Technical and QA teams. This would include first review of QA documentation at the subcontractor, tracking of NCR’s and 8D’s and supporting the improvement process, supporting SFE witness actives during manufacture, expediting of work and documents, and reporting back on the subcontractors manufacturing and Quality performance.
Duties will include:
- Manage the supply chain (expedite orders, technical queries, NCR’s, CAR’s, documentation and deliveries)
- Work with the Technical team to resolve any technical issues through the appropriate channels
- Develop a good understanding of the quality requirements associated with the client and the project.
- Reading, understanding and interpreting technical engineering drawings and specifications to assist with implementation at the subcontractor.
- Liaise with all relevant internal departments to ensure subcontracted manufacture remains in accordance with the required quality and processes.
- Close cooperation and coordination to support SFEL Project Managers.
- Support the Document Controller with the transmittal and receipt of documentation. Document preparation and collation for final documentation package.
- Review of subcontract documentation.
- Issue concessions, deviations and NCRs as appropriate. Manage supplier NCRs and root cause corrective actions.
- Support third party/customer inspection visits and attend any SFEL inspection points at the subcontractor in line with ITP’s
- Lead/carry out subcontractor audits as advised by the Quality & Technical Department
- Take part in both internal and external project meetings.
- Provide a Monthly update on the subcontractors QA activities and NCR’s
Skills and experience required:
- Quality system experience – 8D, NCR generation, Auditing
- A solid understanding and appreciation of the principles underpinning Quality Management Systems
- NDT qualifications (PCN) or experience of NDT techniques
- Qualified to Degree level, or with significant relevant experience
- Attention to detail
- Excellent proven interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels
- Able to read, understand and interpret technical engineering drawings
£30,000 - £35,000 pa
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Quality Engineer, Reference: LG / BBBH15552". Thank you for your interest.