Group Health & Safety Advisor
Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Group Health Safety and Environmental Advisor.
The role is to coach and support colleagues and commit to the continual improvement of Health and Safety standards across your region. A good understanding of ISO14001, 45001 and 9001 you will be the group subject matter expert for one standard.
- Supporting the Health & Safety Manager with communications through site visits
- To be the point of contact and provide support, advice, and guidance for all stores in the region checking compliance with health, safety, and environment policy arrangements
- Report findings of site visits in a timely manner and findings escalated to the relevant colleagues
- Responsible for the collation and distribution of HSE packs for new store openings & existing store support
- Reporting serious issues to the regional health, safety, and environment manager without delay.
- Attend regional health, safety, and environment meetings
- Undertaking regular health, safety and environment visits, the results of which are to be recorded and discussed with regional management plus recommendations for improvement.
- Ensure sites have adequate provision of all necessary documents, notices and certificates, and clear concise instructions for use in the event of an emergency or major incident.
- Creating a positive approach to accident and incident prevention, the health of all employees and impact on the environment.
- Where appropriate, stopping work activities that pose a risk of serious injury or damage to the environment and assisting with an improvement action plan
- Sharing knowledge to ensure continuous process improvements across the Health and Safety team
- Ensure that all Health, Safety & Environmental policies, and practices are upheld, whilst proactively encouraging colleagues to promote a culture of good HSE practice
- Keep up to date with information relevant to your area and cascade this accordingly to the team at weekly meetings and through weekly reports
- Engaging with colleagues and team members across the business to support cross functional and positive working relationships
- At least 2 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role
- ISO14001, 9001 or 45001 internal auditors
- NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards NEBOSH certificate accreditation.
- NEBOSH Environmental Certificate
- Handling of H&S investigations
- Experience of formulating, implementing, and revising H&S policies and procedures
- Confidential in all matters
- Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Strong IT skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Group Health & Safety Advisor, Reference: LG / BBBH15275". Thank you for your interest.