Brewster Partners are working on behalf of a market leading engineering company. Recruiting for an Estimator. You would be completing the preparation of analytical estimates, that are technically correct and with an acceptable risk level, from outline drawings and specifications. There is also the option to work this role remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the design development to assess buildability, materials, innovation and cost effectiveness of proposals.
- Provide high level pricing information early in the Tender for optioneering and budgeting exercises to ensure the most cost-effective solution offered.
- Ensure procedures, including risk and governance processes, are followed, documented and correct authorisations are in place.
- Prepare a staff schedule for the Tender, using feedback from successful contracts and collaborating with other functions
- Participate in the preparation of a procurement plan with the central/regional buyers to agree suppliers & sub-contractors, terms & conditions and discount levels
- Prepare enquiries and obtain competitive quotations for mechanical engineering resources, particularly materials and sub-contractors.
- Prepare detailed tenders and estimates from first principles within defined timescales
- Ensure all tenders are fully reviewed by Senior Management
- Be able to communicate programme and risk related issues to the bid team
- Hand over successful bids to the project team
- Take reasonable care for the health & safety of yourself and of others who may be affected by your actions or omissions whilst at work.
- Responsible for The health, safety and welfare of all persons under your control.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of the catalogue of estimating with the estimating software
Skill & Experience
- Mechanical Engineering degree
- Stainless Steel experience is essential – Ideally within Food or Pharmaceutical
- Commercially aware and highly numerate
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Experience of multi discipline rail systems bids
- Excellent communication skills
- Production of subcontract enquiries
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel and Word
- Have experience of producing multi-disciplined high value, high quality tender submissions
£30,000 - £35,000 pa
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Estimator, Reference: LG / BBBH15270". Thank you for your interest.