Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a Procurement Officer. The successful candidate will work with the business to ensure that value is maximised from third party contracts, whilst minimising risk and operating in a framework of policies and processes. The role works closely with other members of the Procurement team, internal stakeholders and is a key interface between the business and external third parties.
- Working with the business to source and procure a wide range of required goods and services ensuring optimal value for money within defined service and quality criteria
- Partnering and developing effective relationships with the category service teams to ensure the right supplier base is in place that delivers the right quality, price and required due diligence
- Coordinating and leading Procurement initiatives and developing the category strategy, aligned with the Procurement corporate plan and global initiatives and wider projects
- Supporting all sourcing and supplier management activities
- Leading the development and implementation of category strategies and sourcing processes across all business units to ensure the lowest cost of ownership
- Conducting market analysis, negotiation and contracting activities with suppliers based on strategic aspects
- Ensuring that the procurement processes are followed to seek and evaluate competitive tenders and proposals for the supply of goods and service. This process will involve negotiating with suppliers on all commercial and contractual matters to achieve optimal levels of value versus risk
- Promoting continual improvement in all aspects of the Procurement function
- Managing supplier relationships, coordinating multiple stakeholder interfaces across to ensure a consistent and collaborative approach.
- Identifying and implementing supplier improvement actions and operate 360 feedback processes and seeking to resolve contractual and supplier disputes as and when they occur.
- Developing and maintaining strong and positive working relationships with internal stakeholders, ensuring that requirements are understood and addressed. Seeking to promote the Procurement function as a positive enabler and an integral partner to the business
- Experience of supply chain in a comparable role, ideally in the power generation industry
- Experience of SAP and e-tendering systems
- Evidence of managing a procurement whole life cycle, ensuring that any value created in the negotiation stages is delivered through contract delivery
- Understanding of general and contract law
- Minimum CIPS level 4 achieved, working towards level 6
- Proven analytical skills including ability to gather, interpret complex data and summarise effectively
- High motivation, self-direction and self-awareness
£40,000 - £47,500 pa
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Procurement Officer, Reference: LG / BBBH15269". Thank you for your interest.