Brewster Partners have an excellent opportunity for a Maintenance Manager. As the Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for increasing site operational effectiveness, downtime reduction, supporting the development of, and implementation of improvement plans, achieving Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety policies, procedures and legislation and ensure that all work is undertaken to the highest Health & Safety Standard.
- Control maintenance spending and ensure adherence with operating budgets.
- Assess downtime trends to identify areas of weakness and in conjunction with Production Manager develop plans to reduce breakdowns, minimise short stoppages and improve equipment reliability.
- Fully support all plant CAPEX investments through allocation of maintenance resources.
- Develop positive working relationship with Production Team and the Engineering department.
- Manage factory stores and workshop management including stock control, purchasing, spares availability and housekeeping.
- Management and control of maintenance contractors on site to ensure compliance with company safety and environmental policies.
- Manage all Maintenance labour and resources; including performance appraisals, the identification & delivery of training requirements, skills development, absence, holiday cover and disciplinary issues etc. Communication of key information & site briefs.
- Hands-on management of the maintenance team, leading by example and setting the standards expected.
- Contribute and assist in the development and management of the site CMMS system, in order to dive a high quality, low cost department utilising a KPI dashboard to track progress.
- Ensure financial budgets are aligned to end of life, new technology, legislative changes & cost reduction agendas.
- Identification of continuous improvement opportunities, in order to drive safety, efficiency, cost reduction and process improvements.
- Any other duties, within reason and capability, as determined by the Production Manager or Operations Director.
- Degree or HNC in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 10 years maintenance experience at managerial level, with a broad understanding of best-in-class maintenance tools and processes, delivering reliability improvements and cost savings in a manufacturing or engineering environment.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety or IOSH Managing Safety desirable.
- Applied working knowledge of time, condition and predictive based maintenance processes.
- Experience of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems and Preventative Maintenance practices.
- Capability to proactively and insightfully identify opportunities, develop impactful solutions and drive a successful change programme.
- Outstanding leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills.
£45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Maintenance Manager, Reference: LG / BBBH15212". Thank you for your interest.