Development & Test Engineer
Brewster Partners are recruiting for a Development and Test Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects ranging from the design to the testing and development of the electronics relevant to the remote condition monitoring of rail and geotechnical environments. CCTV & networking technologies will also play a vital part in the design of some solutions.
- Implement Remote Condition Monitoring (RCM) to be used as a safety critical system, as well as customisable power (direct, solar and battery) and communications systems for remote applications, including various and unique sensor flexibility such as LiDAR (Obstacle Detection), Tilt Sensor (Landslip Monitoring), Capacitive Sensor (Flood Monitoring), and Solar Powered Cameras.
- Conduct CDR (Critical Design Reviews).
- Delivering new product lines and enhancing existing ones.
- Working with other disciplines such as electrical & mechanical to provide collaborative practical designs to the applicable standards.
- Working with procurement, commercialisation & factory teams to ensure prototype solutions can be transitioned to be efficiently produced and supported at scale
- Contribute to system installation manuals.
- Support groups and functions for the company’s North America & UK operations, including Product Management, Technical Solutions, and After Sales Service & Support.
- Work within & contribute to the improvement of LB Foster’s quality management system (ISO 9001:2015).
- Experience with practical prototyping, assembly, testing techniques and test equipment are essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics Engineering, Robotics or similar.
- 2-3 years engineering experience.
- Experience with development of comprehensive technical proposals.
- Practical knowledge of engineering science and technology.
- Maths knowledge.
- Thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Design skills and knowledge.
£55,000 - £60,000 pa
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Development & Test Engineer, Reference: LG / BBBH15110". Thank you for your interest.