Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Yard Supervisor. The successful will have the drive to be part of this growth. We need someone who can adapt quickly to change and has a positive attitude and is used to working in a fast-paced environment.
Candidates must have previous experience working within a Building Merchants environment.
- Understanding of Health & Safety and the ability to follow company procedures is essential.
- You will be responsible for supervising a small team of yard staff on a day-to-day basis.
- You will have responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the yard / warehouse departments.
- Efficiently manage a team of yard / warehouse staff, ensuring orders are correct and on time, providing top quality customer service.
- Organise the holiday planner for yard staff, making sure that you have adequate cover to deal with the workload.
- Recruit and train new staff members making sure that all key compliances are met.
- Ensuring company compliance of all warehouse / yard policies, legislations, and procedures, as well as taking responsibility for health and safety issues of the warehouse / yard.
- Carry our regular health and safety risk assessments and ensure health and safety is always abided by.
- Make sure staff are wearing the correct uniform and PPE and that any risks or hazards are identified, prevented, and managed to the best of your ability.
- Manage, monitor, and develop the team of warehouse / yard staff.
- Have an involvement in strategic development and improvements.
- Awareness and Understanding of Health & Safety.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Good Time-Management.
- Able to use own Initiative.
- Positive Attitude.
- Customer Service Experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of Building Materials is advantageous.
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to email@example.com quoting "Vacancy: Yard Supervisor, Reference: LG / BBBH15090". Thank you for your interest.