Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Quality Engineer for a market leading manufacturing company.
The main responsibilities include inspecting and measuring materials, equipment, processes, and products, supporting quality control systems, and determining corrective actions. You will also work with managers to implement and support quality measures.
- Maintain quality standards to ensure manufactured goods conform to customer requirements and purchased goods conform, creating capability data for key components.
- Assist in making provision for training of Quality staff
- Keeping the manuals, expositions and other systems documents up to date and place them on the server
- Conducting audits and management of the audit schedule
- Liaising with production personnel with regard to technical queries and On Time Delivery data.
- Liaising with customer over quality and technical queries.
- Liaising with auditors over quality auditing of the facilities and systems with reference to existing approval
- Constantly monitor existing systems and instigate changes and/or originate new systems.
- Assisting with the control of sub-contractor/supplier records and ratings.
- Monitoring the scrap note system and assist in the issue of reports.
- Collating information required for Management Review.
- Controlling of stamps, stamp register and training records
- Carrying out special projects as requested
- Conducting investigations and preparing reports on quality, engineering and manufacturing issues using
- Managing and investigating Non-Conformities.
- Conduct initial Sample Inspection Reports and support our customers PPAP requirements.
- Maintain and understand QC KPI data and take action to improve results.
- Visit customers and suppliers to resolve quality issues.
- Be a proactive member of the quality team and contribute to new ideas and initiatives and meetings.
- HNC/HND in mechanical engineering preferred but not essential.
- 2+ years of experience in quality engineering, quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Experience in using QA software tools and processes. Understand statistical tools and how to apply and monitor them.
- Strong communication skills/Strong problem-solving skills. Computer literate.
- Capable of using various measuring equipment ranging from height gauge to programmable CMM (training given if required)
- Good knowledge of AS9100/ISO 9001
Associate Key Account Director
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Quality Engineer, Reference: LG / BBBH14993". Thank you for your interest.