Maintenance Team Leader
Brewster Partners are delighted to be recruiting for a Maintenance Team Leader. Main purpose of the role is to manage, organise & monitor the maintenance team and supply support to the whole site. To ensure that the main areas within the site operations, packaging & Distribution are maintained to maximise our asset uptime.
39.5 hours per week with a 30 minute unpaid lunch break each day, usually working 8.00am to 4.00pm Monday to Thursday, 3.30pm finish on Friday
- To contribute to the review of the departmental RA & SSOW system.
- To manage, organise & monitor the maintenance team and supply support to the whole site. To ensure that the main areas within the site operations, packaging & Distribution are maintained to maximise our asset uptime.
- To manage all labour and resource issues; including identification & delivery of training requirements, skills development, absence, holiday cover and disciplinary issues etc.
- Communication of key information & site briefs, including signed acceptance from recipients.
- To ensure that all direct/indirect reports are fully utilised as effectively as possible by the setting and subsequent monitoring of challenging workloads.
- Track and monitor costs and variances using on-site accounting and maintenance software.
- Administer inductions, authorisation to work systems and work permits.
- With assistance, organise maintenance programmes to optimise cost and time-utilisation in a structured and disciplined way.
- Directly liaise with department managers re upcoming maintenance activities.
- Be the site level Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the CMMS (Computerised Maintenance Management System) software, train the local engineering team in its use and escalate issues when required to the maintenance Manager.
- Ensure site level equipment, spare parts and minimum holding levels are correctly recorded in the system in order to ensure technicians are never without the parts they need.
- Compile equipment information, performance metrics and machine histories and make recommendations for improvements based on their findings.
- Work with procurement and the Stores Manager to find savings or efficiencies.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working at a managerial level, with a broad understanding of best-in-class maintenance tools and processes, delivering reliability improvements and cost savings in a manufacturing or maintenance environment.
- Min of 5 years’ experience of management of people, including; performance management techniques, disciplinaries, coaching, setting and managing objectives & developing people.
- Time served engineering Electrical or Mechanical apprenticeship (or equivalent).
- HNC/B-TEC Electrical or Mechanical (or equivalent).
- Experience of working on 3 phase Electrical systems up to and including 415v (Electrical bias only).
- High level understanding and practical usage of PLC systems, to a fault finding level (Electrical bias only).
- A good level of knowledge, and practical experience in motors, inverters, PLC’s, electro-pneumatics, hydraulics, drives/gearboxes, pumps & seals, conveyor systems, services etc. (Mechanical bias only).
- Formal H&S qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH) & experience in H&S legislation best practice.
- Competent in the use and issue of permit to work systems, Isolation procedures, SSOW’s, RA’s & MS’s
Senior Recruitment Consultant
Brewster Partners Recruitment Group
To apply for this job, please send your CV to the email above or to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Vacancy: Maintenance Team Leader, Reference: LG / BBBH14638". Thank you for your interest.